Blog Archive

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Apricot Hand Pies and Fall Colors


I grew up eating my mothers "fried apricot pies",   now they are sometimes called hand pies or empanada's.


Whatever you call them.....they are delish.       H made  us some today using some apricots that we had picked from a  friends tree last year and put in the freezer.     H is a wonderful cook.......should have been a chef!


While he was cooking,   I was out in the front yard taking photo's of the trees that line our circular drive


I actually took these photo's about a week ago......


This is the photo I took today.


A lot of the leaves have fell off the tree's over the week,    as you can see in the before and after photo.


I have plans to decorate the new she shed for Christmas this year......maybe a wreath on the door and some lights around the roof.


Now that my photo's of the fall color in the front yard are taken,    I can go in and have a yummy apricot pie!


H's crust is so flaky....a little whipped topping......does it get any better!


18 comments:

  1. So beautiful color, and yummy sweet..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    The trees are beautiful!! All the trees here have lost their leaves and if not, they will today as we are supposed to have 40 mile an hour winds!!! We had to make sure all my outside decorations were tied down!!!
    Hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a recipe for the fried pies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What excellent memories! My great-grandmother used to make fried apple pies when I was a kid! A wonderful fall treat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorating inside and out. My husband is a great cook also. Lucky us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful post Penny! I can't wait to see the She Shed. I would love for you to link up over at the Farewell Fall Link Party! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/farewell-fall-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fruit pies look amazingly yummy. it's around 30 temp wise so a warm pie and tea could make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe someone else has fried apricot pies. I grew up on them as well. It was always a treat when my mom made them. Now I am making them. We also call them apricot fried pies.
    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I love the apricot friend pies
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fall colors. Mmmmm! Can almost smell them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We need the recipe for the fried pies. PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband always talks about the apricot fried pies his grandmother made! A recipe would be wonderful so I could surprise him with some!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Penny, so beautiful. I always love to read your posts :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had never heard of Fried Pies until a month ago. I was vacationing in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee, and saw a sign that said Fried Pies. I stopped so I could find out what they were, lol. Your trees are beautiful. Fall is my favorite time of year. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot decide what I like better. The beautiful colors or the idea of eating those pies. It all seems scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! Our friends used to make us empanadas, I'll have to try these. Thanks for joining the To Grandma’s House We Go link party! Your post has been pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh the pies sound luscious! Don't you just love fall colors, I know I do and each year I wish they would last longer. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely home & decadent pies with us at Party in Your PJ's!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!