Blog Archive

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Creating a Floral Design in a Cloche



I love to decorate with cloches and normally I put something under them,  but today I decided to put a floral design in them!

Before I show you some close up of the cloche.....(say that fast twice...lol!)  I want to show you the two different ways I decorated the sides of the cloche

   Jackalopes or Chickens?


Since my cloche is made from chicken wire,   I decided on the Rooster and Hen.    The Jackalopes found a home over on the pass thru with the bunny picture.


Now for the details on the floral design .......


Have you noticed how long the stems are on silk flowers now days?    They are long and hard to cut if you want them shorter.      So,  they work best in a very tall container or laid down across the mantel or table like a garland.   I've used them in those ways the most.    But,  I wanted to use them in a different way this time.      This is not a floral design that you want to move around much,  but the stems stay pretty much where you put them just by sticking the stem thru the chicken wire.


I hung some metal letters on my cloche by making an S shaped hook from baling wire.    The letters have a hanger on the back to slip my wire thru and then I just hung them from the chicken wire holes.  

I decided to move the tiered table (photo on the left)  on the side of the buffet to the entry and I replaced it (photo on the right) with a small chair that was on the side of the fireplace.


I wanted something simple on the chair,   like a tea cup.....


But I decided to put my new yard sale buttons on the chair seat instead.


On the other side of the buffet.......


I placed a dish of pink buttons on the existing table.


Do you spot the second cloche in the bottom left of the photo?  
 I found it at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago for $2....


The smoking stand was in the entry,   but got replaced by the tiered table you saw earlier.   I stacked my second chicken wire cloche on top of the smoking stand.


Again,  I just stuck my rose stems in the top of the chicken cloche.     If you wanted to use real flowers instead of silk,   you could add water in the ash tray holder.


What was in front of the mirror before I moved the smoking stand/ cloche?  

 The wicker house hamper under the  tree.


I put my home made chicken wire cloche on the cherub plant stand and filled it with flowers.    I could also use fresh flowers in this one by putting water in the bowl.
  

I would love to hear any idea's you might have on how to decorate with cloche's!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your home looks like a darling teahouse! I could spend hours looking at all the details. I love how you styled the cloche. Yesterday I spotted some chicken wire in our scrap pile and remembered how a family member shared how to make a cloche out of it. Now that I see yours I think I need to try it out!

    I love a chicken wire cloche with a wood or marble cheese platter and faux cheese and bread under it. So cute!

    ~Emily from So Sunny Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cloches. I don't have any wire ones but I have a couple of the glass domes. Just fun to decorate with, aren't they? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Thanks for sharing @ Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    Love the chicken wire cloches... I just may have to get out the chicken wire from the shed outside and play a bit with it.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Penny!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to find a pretty chicken wire cloche at a yard sale like you did Penny! My goodness, it would be my lucky day if I did. Love those pretty pink buttons too, and the way you have them displayed. So much eye candy to look at in your house! Thanks for sharing it at Sweet Inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you used the chicken wire cloches to display your roses. It's a different twist on how to use a cloche. Very pretty!
    Carol ("Mimi") from Home with Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never even knew what a cloche was until I read this post. I wish you were near me though. I have a darling birdhouse that you would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing. Very well. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Have a great day.
    Khadija
    http://creativekhadija.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know your post is about the cloche, but I really could not get over those gorgeous ceramic hens. I love chickens anything for in the fall and yours are especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny I love your Cloche's, did you make them? All he different ways you have used them are great, very versatile, good job!! Thank you for sharing on #OMHGWW last week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your house and your clever decorating ideas

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE Your style! It's so inviting & pretty :)...Thanks for sharing at Reader Tip Tuesday (join us this week too).

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!